[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Support Incident Tracker Forum • View topic - [Discussion] "Closed" and "Awaiting closure" status

[Discussion] "Closed" and "Awaiting closure" status

Discuss and get help with plugins. Share your ideas for future SiT! features.

[Discussion] "Closed" and "Awaiting closure" status

Postby nicdev007 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:59 am

Hi Team,

I wanted to launch a discussion on this fact, because at the moment we treat "Closed" and "Awaiting closure" incidents the same, but this does not work for us. When a new mail arrives, in the inboundemail.php script we do the following:

$incident_open = (incident_status($incidentid) != STATUS_CLOSED AND incident_status($incidentid) != STATUS_CLOSING);

Thus when an incident is "marked for closure" any updates afterwards go to the holding queue for manual treatment. We prefer to let it automatically update the case and make it back to active. Because everyone thinks about these things differently we propose the following:

1. Make this a setting in SiT (e.g. $CONFIG['one_closing_status'])
2. Add a plugin_do(update_arrived_closed_case) so that individuals can write a plugin to maybe treat things as they want.

For the moment in our install i have done the following:
$incident_open = (incident_status($incidentid) != STATUS_CLOSED)

but we could easily add an if statement to allow both.

Any input appreciated before i log a request in Mantis ;)

Best regards
Plugin Developer, Contributor, Tester, Obscure Bug Finder
aka "The Bushman", aka "NiceDev"

Life is too short to worry about the things you don't have or cannot do...
nicdev007
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Re: [Discussion] "Closed" and "Awaiting closure" status

Postby ivanlucas » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:21 am

Hi Nico,

This could easily be a configuration option. I think it's a good idea, stick it in Mantis if you like.

Cheers,

Ivan
Ivan Lucas, Project Lead, Support Incident Tracker (SiT!) GPL. ......... Chat live on irc, #sit on freenode.
Help free software: Make a donation to the SiT! project or Join the Free Software Foundation as an Associate Member.
ivanlucas
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby nicdev007 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:01 pm

thanks Ivan
Plugin Developer, Contributor, Tester, Obscure Bug Finder
aka "The Bushman", aka "NiceDev"

Life is too short to worry about the things you don't have or cannot do...
nicdev007
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby paulheaney » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:26 am

Hi Nico,

Looking at this I can't figure out why we we what we do, personally I'd expect that if the incident is set to "awaiting closure" then an email in makes the incident active as well so I think this is more of a bug that a feature, what do others think?

Cheers
Paul
paulheaney
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Return to Plugins & Extending SiT!