[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Support Incident Tracker Forum • View topic - PhpSysInfo

PhpSysInfo

Discuss and get help with plugins. Share your ideas for future SiT! features.

PhpSysInfo

Postby jahau » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:01 am

I would really like to get into the details of creating my very first plugin to SiT but time is my enemy :-)
How hard would it be to create plugin for PhpSysInfo (http://rk4an.github.io/phpsysinfo)?!?
This would improve the administrator view dramatically for my needs.

Also, I can see need for basic Linux (or Windows) commands to be run from the menus (like ifconfig / ipconfig)
and possibility to configure those.

S(ystem) i(mplemented) T(errifically) - Fan

Thanks!
jahau
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Re: PhpSysInfo

Postby Tomse » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:36 am

one way of doing it is to use iframe, though you might need to do some page adjustements.
iframe litterally shows the page you link to, inside of SiT.
this can be used if you make the plugin as a regular page attached to the menu.

an other way, you'll need to find out the functions of phpsysinfo.. include the phpsysinfo files (as its index.php file does)
and then print out the answers to screen.
if you want the plugin as a dashlet, this might be the best way of doing it, or if you simply want to customize the layout.

ifconfig / ipconfig won't be neccessary afair as phpsysinfo already shows the IP.

how hard it will be? well that depends on your coding skills ofc.
If you have a problem, give us enough info of what you have done, what is configured in relation to your question.
Enable debugging and post it's censored but relevant info. Don't forget to write which version of SiT you're running.
Tomse
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Re: PhpSysInfo

Postby jahau » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:24 pm

Thanks for the help. I've achieved the mentioned requirement by using Menu Extension Plugin.
I'm referring to the page where PhpSysInfo can be found and modified the page by including the following statements so only Administrator has access to it:

$permission=22; // Administrator
require ('..'.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'core.php');
require (APPLICATION_LIBPATH . 'functions.inc.php');
// This page requires authentication
require (APPLICATION_LIBPATH . 'auth.inc.php');

In my case it would be too heavy solution to use it as a Dashlet (PhpSysInfo opening time is ~5 seconds).
Attachments
PhpSysInfoMenuExtension.png
PhpSysInfoMenuExtension.png (7 KiB) Viewed 2504 times
jahau
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Return to Plugins & Extending SiT!