[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Support Incident Tracker Forum • View topic - How to add new language to SIT

How to add new language to SIT

A place for translators to gather and discuss the translating of SiT!

How to add new language to SIT

Postby ducnq » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:37 am

Hello every body.

I'm new user with Sit. Now I want to translate SIT from English to Vietnam. But I don't see my language in the language option.

Any body can help me how to creat it.

Many thanks.
ducnq
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Re: How to add new language to SIT

Postby Tomse » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:39 pm

Hi there.

there are 2 wiki articles that can help you on the way of translation:

Translation Translate

but as you said, the Vietnamese language needs to be added to the pulldown menu.

if you open up the file lib/strings.inc.php (and not the one called string.inc.php as they are different)
you can locate near the bottom half, the following section starting with:

Code: Select all
// Language codes and language name in local language
// Aphabetical by language code
// This is the list of languages that SiT recognises, to configure which of
// these languages to use, make sure you have a file in your i18n dir and
// go to the sit configuration page
$i18n_codes = array(

All you need to do is add

'vi-VN' => 'Vietnamese',

preferably after U, so it'll be

'uk-UA' => 'Украї́нська мо́ва',
                    'vi-VN' => 'Vietnamese',

feel free to change Vietnamese to your native tongue please, my Vietnamese keyboard is broken so I can't spell it properly :lol:
(don't forget the comman "," at the end of the line)
If you have a problem, give us enough info of what you have done, what is configured in relation to your question.
Enable debugging and post it's censored but relevant info. Don't forget to write which version of SiT you're running.
Tomse
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby ducnq » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:31 am

Thanks Tomse so much.

After finish the translation, how to update my language for Sit community around the world.
ducnq
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Postby Tomse » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:27 pm

if you click on "How to submit translations" in the index here Translate, there's an email you can send the translation file to.

Then it'll be added to the next release.
if you can send the "Vietnamese" text in your native language this would be great, as it'll then be added to the pulldown menu.

thanks alot for helping out with the translations :-)

cheers
If you have a problem, give us enough info of what you have done, what is configured in relation to your question.
Enable debugging and post it's censored but relevant info. Don't forget to write which version of SiT you're running.
Tomse
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby ducnq » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:00 am

Hi Tomse.

I meet another problem that is font display.

As you know that Vietnamese use unicode typing.

Sample when I type "Lỗi đã được khắc phục" the system display "L?i ?ã ???c kh?c ph?c."

Can you show me how to fix this problem. My technical tried to change font in PHP file, but maybe it need to change in database more.

Thanks so much.
ducnq
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Postby Tomse » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:49 am

thats a little more tricky it seems.

can you see if this helps?
http://sitracker.org/wiki/Fonts_plugin

it's a plugin and needs to be installed as a plugin.

otherwise we might need to find a free vietnamese font somewhere.
Tomse
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby ducnq » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:59 am

Hi Tomse.

The Vietnamese language for translate module is ok.

But, in the logged in page, I can not see Vietnamese in the drop down menu. So I can not go into vietnamse module.

Can you help me how to fix it.

Many thanks.
ducnq
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Postby ducnq » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:00 am

Hi Tomse.

I have another error. When I translate then save, the system notice :

Error: PHP Error: set 'max_input_vars = 5000' or more in php.ini

So I can not to save. Can you help me solve this project.
ducnq
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Postby Tomse » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:40 pm

yes, you edit your php.ini file
find the line that says
max_input_vars

if it doesn't exist, just create it.

edit the line so it says
max_input_vars = 5000

you can also set it to 10000

cheers
Tomse
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby ducnq » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:16 pm

I solve it already.
ducnq
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Next

Return to Translating SiT!