Incident Reassign Issues

Discuss and get help installing, using and configuring SiT!

Incident Reassign Issues

Postby suncity » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:12 pm

I have created 2 new users (Lets call them User X and User Y) . They are just like several other users I have created, Whenever any incident is reassigned to any of these 2 new users it's wrongly reassigned to another user (Lets say User B). To check the behavior I created one more new user (Lets call this user Z) . Its the same pattern if you reassign an incident to user Z, it automatically reassigns to user B. If I reassign the incident to previously created user , it works just fine.

The issue is only with any new user I create. I checked the new users status is "In office" and accepting Incident is also "YES" . What's causing this?
suncity
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Re: Incident Reassign Issues

Postby Tomse » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:00 pm

have you manually deleted any users from the database?

I'm not sure if this could be the cause though.

otherwise I'm out of ideas..
try turning on debug logging and see if the logfile tells something.
If you have a problem, give us enough info of what you have done, what is configured in relation to your question.
Enable debugging and post it's censored but relevant info. Don't forget to write which version of SiT you're running.
Tomse
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby suncity » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:39 am

Manually no user is deleted. How I can turn on debug logging?

Another thing I noticed the reassign notice is actually the problem. When I logged in as the user whom the incident is reassigned , it shows up in its dashboard as well under Support -- My incidents..

It looks like somehow the notice that prints on the incident history is not showing the correct name...Please see the attached window...As you can see when you assign it to newly created users it just prints one name and if you re-assign to old users it shows the name correctly....

Thanks
Attachments
SiT_Assign_Reassign.jpg
SiT_Assign_Reassign.jpg (201.09 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
suncity
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Postby Tomse » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:48 pm

you can turn on Debug_Logging here.
If you have a problem, give us enough info of what you have done, what is configured in relation to your question.
Enable debugging and post it's censored but relevant info. Don't forget to write which version of SiT you're running.
Tomse
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby suncity » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:21 am

I turned on the debug_mode and this is what I did

1 .Created a new incident and assign it to one of the newly created user ......... Details and log of the incident showing incident is assigned to Wrong Name
2. Reassigned the incident to one of the old users ......... Details and log of the incident showing incident is assigned to Right Name
3. Reassigned the incident to another newly created user ......... Details and log of the incident showing incident is assigned to Wrong Name

Sit_Error_Log Generated after enabling + Details and log screen shot
Attachments
sit_log_with_new_incident_assign_reassign.zip
(6.87 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
SiT_Assign_Reassign1126.png
SiT_Assign_Reassign1126.png (113.21 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
suncity
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Postby ivanlucas » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:56 pm

I've no idea what would cause this. Corrupt database perhaps? check your MySQL tables are consistant.
Ivan Lucas, Project Lead, Support Incident Tracker (SiT!) GPL. ......... Chat live on irc, #sit on freenode.
Help free software: Make a donation to the SiT! project or Join the Free Software Foundation as an Associate Member.
ivanlucas
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby suncity » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:29 am

I check DB health and every thing cane back OK.
suncity
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Return to Installing, Configuring and Using SiT!