Any Advice

Discuss and get help installing, using and configuring SiT!

Any Advice

Postby thomasdavid1 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:57 am

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help, we are still using SIT and we are relaying emails via a mail relay in IIS to O365 out to customers.

We've started getting this NDR. Is this in relation to the format that SIT Sends the emails out and is there anything we can do about it?

Thanks - Tom

This is a NDR from O365 on the recipients side.

Your message to {EMAIL ADDRESS} couldn't be delivered.

Your message contains invalid characters (bare line feed characters) which the email servers at {DOMAIN} don't support.

Bare line feeds unsupported

How to Fix It
It appears that your email program added invalid characters (bare line feed characters) into your message when you sent it. Try using a different email program to send your message. If the problem continues send this non-delivery report (NDR) message to your email admin for assistance.
thomasdavid1
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Re: Any Advice

Postby ivanlucas » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:04 am

set

$CONFIG['outbound_email_newline'] = "CRLF"

in your config file.
Ivan Lucas, Project Lead, Support Incident Tracker (SiT!) GPL. ......... Chat live on irc, #sit on freenode.
Help free software: Make a donation to the SiT! project or Join the Free Software Foundation as an Associate Member.
ivanlucas
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby thomasdavid1 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:39 am

Thanks for getting back to me Ivan,

I cant find that variable in the config.php file shall I just add the whole line?

Thanks - Tom
thomasdavid1
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Postby ivanlucas » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:45 pm

I think so yes, it's a long time since I looked at that particular config. you'll need a semi colon on the end of the line.

I think it's documented in the sample config file, but I'm not able to check just now. Hope that solves your issue.
Ivan Lucas, Project Lead, Support Incident Tracker (SiT!) GPL. ......... Chat live on irc, #sit on freenode.
Help free software: Make a donation to the SiT! project or Join the Free Software Foundation as an Associate Member.
ivanlucas
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby thomasdavid1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:02 am

Thanks for this, Ive added the line at the end of the config.php file. See what happens :-)

Thanks Ivan,

Tom
thomasdavid1
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Postby thomasdavid1 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:56 am

Hi Ivan,

I added that line: $CONFIG['outbound_email_newline'] = "CRLF"; Into the config.inc.php and had no joy, I cant find the variable listed in the defaults.inc.php

I'm still getting emails bounce for this issue, do you have any ideas?

Thanks - Tom

Your message contains invalid characters (bare line feed characters) which the email servers at ************ don't support.

Reported error: 550 5.6.11 SMTPSEND.BareLinefeedsAreIllegal; message contains bare linefeeds, which cannot be sent via DATA and receiving system does not support BDAT
thomasdavid1
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Postby thomasdavid1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:27 am

Hi Ivan,

I wonder if you have any other ideas regarding this, I added the line $CONFIG['outbound_email_newline'] = "CRLF" to config.inc.php so my config now looks like:

# config.inc.php - SiT! Config file generated automatically by setup.php on Fri, 23 Jul 2010 20:19:44 +0100

# MySQL Database Username
$CONFIG['db_username'] = '********';

# MySQL Database Password
$CONFIG['db_password'] = '********';

# MySQL Database Name
$CONFIG['db_database'] = '********';

# Attachment Filesystem Path
# The full absolute file system path to a directory to store attachments in (with a trailing slash). This directory should be writable
$CONFIG['attachment_fspath'] = 'E:\\Support\\attachments-8240f208052b0581ac1ea30129585205\\';
$CONFIG['outbound_email_newline'] = "CRLF";

Is this correct as its still not working

Thank you very much for any advice or assistance
thomasdavid1
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Return to Installing, Configuring and Using SiT!