[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Support Incident Tracker Forum • View topic - Error after setup

Error after setup

Discuss and get help installing, using and configuring SiT!

Error after setup

Postby ergaurav » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:39 pm

Hi I am facing problem after changing in setup.php(Config params)
I didnt mentioned $Config['application_fspath'] while settng up sit.
I am getting following error when login

File specified in $CONFIG['default_i18n'] can't be found

please tell me how to remove this error

Thanks
ergaurav
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Error after setup

Postby ivanlucas » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:46 pm

Can you post what you have set for $CONFIG['application_webpath'] and $CONFIG['application_fspath'] ? You'll find these settings in your config.inc.php file.

Thanks,

Ivan
Ivan Lucas, Project Lead, Support Incident Tracker (SiT!) GPL. ......... Chat live on irc, #sit on freenode.
Help free software: Make a donation to the SiT! project or Join the Free Software Foundation as an Associate Member.
ivanlucas
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby ergaurav » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:03 pm

Thanks Ivan for your support

I have made changes in config file but ..I couldnot complete the setup process and thats why I could not
create Admin account ..as described in step 4 and step 5 of setup docs....

now If I enter my username and password I gave in the 1st step..which are also mentioned in config.inc.php file
I get error ....wrong username and password...

what should I do now...
ergaurav
Lurker
Lurker

Postby ivanlucas » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm

Since setup didn't complete and didn't create an admin account I would recommend you start the install process again.

Remove your config.inc.php file and drop your sit database and then run setup.php again. Follow the guide at http://sitracker.org/wiki/Installation#Step_1 to take you through the steps.

In particular you need to pay careful attention when entering your paths, $CONFIG['application_fspath'] needs to point to your sit directory, this is the directory on the disk that contains all of the sit files, this is not your sit/htdocs directory it is your sit/ directory. The slash on the end is important. your $CONFIG['application_webpath'] must point to your sit/htdocs directory but it needs to be the path as your browser sees it, so if you have copied the main sit directory as a subdirectory of your web root, this would be /sit/htdocs/ but if your web root is set to be the /sit/htdocs/ directory itself, you would set this to /.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need me to explain some more.

This has all been made much easier for v3.45, so if you're really struggling with v3.41 you could wait for v3.45 to be released in a week or so, or you could even try out the beta.

Ivan
Ivan Lucas, Project Lead, Support Incident Tracker (SiT!) GPL. ......... Chat live on irc, #sit on freenode.
Help free software: Make a donation to the SiT! project or Join the Free Software Foundation as an Associate Member.
ivanlucas
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby gaurav » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi Ivan,
Thanks it works, I have created admin account.

BUT...when I login and click on any link like Dashboard, add user, manage user etc

I get error like:

Not Found

The requested URL /opt/lampp/htdocs/xampp/sit-3.41/htdocs/add_user.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i PHP/5.2.8 mod_apreq2-20051231/2.6.0 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0 Server at localhost Port 80

I need your help to solve this

Thanks
gaurav

Postby ivanlucas » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:45 pm

The error you are seeing:

gaurav wrote:The requested URL /opt/lampp/htdocs/xampp/sit-3.41/htdocs/add_user.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i PHP/5.2.8 mod_apreq2-20051231/2.6.0 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0 Server at localhost Port 80

Makes me think you have set your $CONFIG['application_webpath'] to the full file system path /opt/lampp/htdocs/xampp/sit-3.41/htdocs/

You should set it to the path that is visible in your web browser. So if you ran setup.php by going to

/htdocs/setup.php

you should set $CONFIG['application_webpath'] = '/htdocs/';

but if you ran setup.php by pointing your browser to

/sit-3.41/htdocs/setup.php

then you should set $CONFIG['application_webpath'] = '/sit-3.41/htdocs/';

Let us know how you go on,

Ivan
ivanlucas
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby gaurav » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:41 am

Hi Ivan,
you were write bro. now I have set the path correctly and I can see every link with graphics...
you helped me a lot, I really thank you.

I changed my Config path as : $CONFIG['application_webpath'] = '/xampp/sit-3.41/htdocs/';
and started workin fine....

Thanks again
gaurav

Postby ivanlucas » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:56 am

Hi,

Glad you got it sorted in end, I hope you enjoy using SiT! now. :)

It would be great to hear what you think of it once you've had time to try it out properly.

Cheers,

Ivan
ivanlucas
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Return to Installing, Configuring and Using SiT!