[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Support Incident Tracker Forum • View topic - Client Access

Client Access

Discuss and get help installing, using and configuring SiT!

Client Access

Postby gaurav » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:10 pm

Hi Ivan,

with your help I have set SIT .. thanks

but I am confused with the client role in the system coz in the role permission page(with admin login) I can see only three permission sets
1) for user
2) for Manager
3) for Admin.

how will my client raise issues, so that support team in my office can see and work on that issues...
Do I need to create a user as client and send this username and password to them...?

I m trying to access client login in demo of sit but it says username or passqor id wrong.
gaurav

Re: Client Access

Postby ivanlucas » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:25 pm

Hi,

I've moved this to the 'Help' forum since it's a question about using SiT. :)

In SiT! client access is separate to regular user account access, the three roles you have seen are user account roles and do not relate to clients at all. Client access is provided via a 'Contact' record, contacts can use their login details to login to the portal. Via the portal contacts can add and update incidents.

I hope this helps. If you'd like to me clarify further let me know.

Ivan
Ivan Lucas, Project Lead, Support Incident Tracker (SiT!) GPL. ......... Chat live on irc, #sit on freenode.
Help free software: Make a donation to the SiT! project or Join the Free Software Foundation as an Associate Member.
ivanlucas
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby dave.ziegler » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:14 am

I am looking to do the same thing to post a page on my webpage where "clients" can login and / or create their own ticket with or without being a site, having a contract / project.

Where is the 'HELP' section? I am new to this and I really like all of the features you have built into this and am especially interested in learning more about time tracking per incident for billing and timesheets and would like to start experimenting with that as I will be having roughly 20 consultants working for me.

Thanks,

Dave
dave.ziegler
Lurker
Lurker

Postby ivanlucas » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi Dave,

dave.ziegler wrote:I am looking to do the same thing to post a page on my webpage where "clients" can login and / or create their own ticket with or without being a site, having a contract / project.

There's currently no facility to create incidents without first setting up a site/contact/contract within SiT! We have started to plan this, but it's possibly a long way off being a reality, See Bug 85

Where is the 'HELP' section? I am new to this and I really like all of the features you have built into this and am especially interested in learning more about time tracking per incident for billing and timesheets and would like to start experimenting with that as I will be having roughly 20 consultants working for me.

Within SiT! go to Help | Get help online or point your browser to http://sitracker.org/wiki/Documentation

If you have any questions, just post them in this forum.

All the best,

Ivan
Ivan Lucas, Project Lead, Support Incident Tracker (SiT!) GPL. ......... Chat live on irc, #sit on freenode.
Help free software: Make a donation to the SiT! project or Join the Free Software Foundation as an Associate Member.
ivanlucas
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby dave.ziegler » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:20 am

Okay thanks. I will use SiT! as a backend management interface to track tickets. I will use something generic for customers to create new tickets on the fly.

Thanks for your help.

Dave
dave.ziegler
Lurker
Lurker

Postby Tomse » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:27 am

You could perhaps make a web interface with a form that sends an email to SiT.

This might be an easy to use solution.

Best regards
Carsten
If you have a problem, give us enough info of what you have done, what is configured in relation to your question.
Enable debugging and post it's censored but relevant info. Don't forget to write which version of SiT you're running.
Tomse
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby xerosis » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:34 pm

You can change a setting in the configuration ('Contacts can create incidents' I think) so that when contacts create a "ticket", it just puts an email in the holding queue so you can then do what you wish with it.
xerosis
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Return to Installing, Configuring and Using SiT!