[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Support Incident Tracker Forum • View topic - Sent emails have a .bin attachment

Sent emails have a .bin attachment

Discuss and get help installing, using and configuring SiT!

Sent emails have a .bin attachment

Postby smelvin » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:57 pm

When sending emails from an Incident, the message is sent as a att00001.bin attachment.

I think it may have something to do with Microsoft Outlook because if its Outlook 2003 its a .bin attachment, but if its Outlook 2007 its a .txt attachment. Either way its not very good and in fact impossible for Outlook 2003 clients.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Scott
Scott Melvin
smelvin
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Re: Sent emails have a .bin attachment

Postby ivanlucas » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:34 am

Hi,

This is logged as bug 533, if you like you can help us pin down what is causing this by adding your comments to that bug report. As you say it does seem to be related to Outlook, I don't run outlook personally so I've not actually seen this problem myself.

Cheers,

Ivan
Ivan Lucas, Project Lead, Support Incident Tracker (SiT!) GPL. ......... Chat live on irc, #sit on freenode.
Help free software: Make a donation to the SiT! project or Join the Free Software Foundation as an Associate Member.
ivanlucas
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby smelvin » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi

Solved it!!!! Sorry don't have time to create an account on the bug tracking system, so hopefully the developers are looking at this.

Edit incident_email.php go to line 648 and change text-plain to text/plain

It now works

Cheers

Scott
Scott Melvin
smelvin
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Postby ivanlucas » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi Scott,

You're joking! oh wow thanks for finding that. I though there was going to be some lengthy debugging and some serious reading of RFC's, can't believe it was just something as silly as that! :lol: Thanks! I'll commit the fix to SVN right away.

Ivan
Ivan Lucas, Project Lead, Support Incident Tracker (SiT!) GPL. ......... Chat live on irc, #sit on freenode.
Help free software: Make a donation to the SiT! project or Join the Free Software Foundation as an Associate Member.
ivanlucas
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby smelvin » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:50 pm

No problem! Thats one to me... now if you can solve my other query we can call it quits. (hee hee)

Cheers

Scott
Scott Melvin
smelvin
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Postby zlatan24 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:13 pm

smelvin wrote:When sending emails from an Incident, the message is sent as a att00001.bin attachment.

I think it may have something to do with Microsoft Outlook because if its Outlook 2003 its a .bin attachment, but if its Outlook 2007 its a .txt attachment. Either way its not very good and in fact impossible for Outlook 2003 clients.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Scott

Today I see a tool.It liked to me.And I downloaded it and tried-outlook pst reader.To my surprise program solved my all old problems quite quickly.And made it for free.Besides I saw how tool extract your emails from files of PST format,read corrupted files of PST and OST format and save emails.
zlatan24
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Postby Tomse » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:13 am

Hi Smelvin

The other query you are talking about, which one is that ?
I can see some old ones from you (march and april) :oops:

kind regards
Tomse
If you have a problem, give us enough info of what you have done, what is configured in relation to your question.
Enable debugging and post it's censored but relevant info. Don't forget to write which version of SiT you're running.
Tomse
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Return to Installing, Configuring and Using SiT!