[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Support Incident Tracker Forum • View topic - Will Bug 0000671 be looked at for V3.50 Final?

Will Bug 0000671 be looked at for V3.50 Final?

Discuss and get help installing, using and configuring SiT!

Will Bug 0000671 be looked at for V3.50 Final?

Postby CartmanVS » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:52 pm

It a cheeky question to ask, because you guys have done tons of excellent work on this project. I was wondering if 0000671 would be resolved for release of V3.50 final? Just trying to put together my own proposal for using this app in my own company application, because it's a stunning development. Having disabled the ability for Contacts to create issues, they can only send emails or use the Portal to generate them.

Emails of course, aren't working at the moment because the auto.php is not running to pick up on Inbound Email. I've thought us using an external Crontab, but trying to avoid that if possible.

Just a thought, but do feel free to shoot me down in flames because after all you've recently fixed a number of issues for me and I'm grateful for support already provided.

Regards,
Cartman (Kevin).
CartmanVS
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Re: Will Bug 0000671 be looked at for V3.50 Final?

Postby ivanlucas » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:01 am

Hi Kevin,

It'll be looked at now you've mentioned it :roll: hehe

CartmanVS wrote:It a cheeky question to ask, because you guys have done tons of excellent work on this project.

Heh, ask whatever questions you like, just don't be upset if you don't get the answer you were looking for :lol:

I was wondering if 0000671 would be resolved for release of V3.50 final? Just trying to put together my own proposal for using this app in my own company application, because it's a stunning development. Having disabled the ability for Contacts to create issues, they can only send emails or use the Portal to generate them.

Emails of course, aren't working at the moment because the auto.php is not running to pick up on Inbound Email. I've thought us using an external Crontab, but trying to avoid that if possible.

Erm... I have to take issue with that last sentence, you say that emails aren't working but they are working just fine, it's just a matter of setting it up correctly. We do need to find time to look at Bug 671 you're right, but that doesn't mean it's not possible to get incoming email working. In fact if you follow the instructions for setting up the Scheduler here http://sitracker.org/wiki/Scheduler it suggests a crontab like this:

Code: Select all
* * * * * /usr/bin/php -f /var/www/sit/auto.php

With this line there's no need for the "she-bang" at the top of the file.

Just a thought, but do feel free to shoot me down in flames because after all you've recently fixed a number of issues for me and I'm grateful for support already provided.

We're keen to make SiT! as good as we can get it, so don't feel that you can't criticise. It's good to hear all opinions good or bad. And where problems are concerned, if we don't know about them we can't fix them.

Hope this helps,

Ivan
Ivan Lucas, Project Lead, Support Incident Tracker (SiT!) GPL. ......... Chat live on irc, #sit on freenode.
Help free software: Make a donation to the SiT! project or Join the Free Software Foundation as an Associate Member.
ivanlucas
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Return to Installing, Configuring and Using SiT!