[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Support Incident Tracker Forum • View topic - LDAP (Active Directory)

LDAP (Active Directory)

Discuss and get help installing, using and configuring SiT!

LDAP (Active Directory)

Postby darkfall » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:48 pm

Hello,

I'm AD Administrator, and i'm in charge of testing tracking solution for my company.

For testing, SiT is running on Windows 2008 R2 with XAMPP installed and configured. My LDAP integration working properly, except with LDAP requests containg AD tree (OUs) with spaces. I know this is not supported by SiT, but this is a critical part for us.

i searched on php.net, et found an "easy" solution for managing spaces.

[quote from php.net]
When I discovered I couldn't get searches to work with complex strings (in my case searching on displayName which can have parens and slashes in it). I made this quick function to quote ldap strings in accordance with the RFC. Except I encode spaces as well since searching wouldn't work with spaces. Note, technically speaking a search filter can be encoded into the \xx format for all characters but then filters wouldn't be human readable.

I'm somewhat surprised there wasn't a built in ldap_quote() type of function already.
<?php
// see: RFC2254
function ldap_quote($str) {
return str_replace(
array( '\\', ' ', '*', '(', ')' ),
array( '\\5c', '\\20', '\\2a', '\\28', '\\29' ),
$str
);
}[/quote]

Is that possible to modify part of code to add this function and link all ldap variables through this function? i tried to integrate code by myself (ldap.inc.php), but i failed ;)

I need your help please! Do you plan to add this modification in SiT v4 or later?

Thanks in advance (and sorry for my english ^^)
darkfall
Lurker
Lurker

Re: LDAP (Active Directory)

Postby Tomse » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:29 pm

hello darkfall and welcome :-)

I cannot say whether this fix has been added to the upcomming v4 yet, but I do know that ldap has been greatly improved.

I'll try see if I can reach our ldap developer for a comment

edit: after some thought, I think I've tested OU's with spaces in an older version of SiT. and as far as I remember with success..

cheers
T
If you have a problem, give us enough info of what you have done, what is configured in relation to your question.
Enable debugging and post it's censored but relevant info. Don't forget to write which version of SiT you're running.
Tomse
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby darkfall » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:29 am

Thanks for your reply :)

I'm waiting for your ldap developer ;) I'm on vacations next week, so i won't answer until next monday.

Another problem is that the sit users groups containing security group(s) doesn't work at all. Can you tell me what are the actual limitations of lastest SiT version (i'm using 3.63p1) for ldap queries?

Cheers

Darkfall
darkfall
Lurker
Lurker

Postby Tomse » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:50 pm

if you are talking about MS security groups, then don't expect groups inside groups to work.

even with their own products do they not always work, I'm not sure if they've fixed this in Win2008 but there are major issues with it in < Win2003

for SiT v3.6x it's only recommended to add users directly to the assigned group.

cheers
T
If you have a problem, give us enough info of what you have done, what is configured in relation to your question.
Enable debugging and post it's censored but relevant info. Don't forget to write which version of SiT you're running.
Tomse
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Return to Installing, Configuring and Using SiT!