[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Support Incident Tracker Forum • View topic - problems getting email to work

problems getting email to work

Discuss and get help installing, using and configuring SiT!

problems getting email to work

Postby cacheguard » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:22 am

Hi

I've installed sit in less than 1 hour. Very nice and easy with lots of message to orient me to the right solutions! Good job!!

But I'm struggling since 2 days to make the scheduler working. All actions remain in the Never state in the “Last Ran” column. When I run auto.php, it just print me a blank space and finish without any errors (the debugger is activated as described here: http://sitracker.org/wiki/Debug_Logging (I checked the log file using the Help > About page).

My main concern is to make "SiT!" receiving emails. I've already configured my machine to send emails.

I use Debian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy).

Could you help me to resolve my problem please?

Best Regards,
Charles
CacheGuard Web Scurity & Optimization
An Open Source OS Appliance (Firewall, WAF, Proxy, Blacklists, QoS...)
http://www.cacheguard.com
cacheguard

Re: problems getting email to work

Postby Tomse » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:43 pm

I've moved your post into it's own thread.

it sounds like you're trying to run the auto.php from the browser, though it's doable, it's not how it's intended to run.

you should run it using shell Scheduler.

you're probably missing to setup InboundEmail, and/or missing a dependency, check Install_Requirements
If you have a problem, give us enough info of what you have done, what is configured in relation to your question.
Enable debugging and post it's censored but relevant info. Don't forget to write which version of SiT you're running.
Tomse
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby cacheguard » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:37 am

Thank you Tomse

I'm aware that the auto.php should run from an external scheduler (I use the basic crontab). Also I use online command to test auto.php as pointed in the documentation: (
Code: Select all
php -f <my-dir>/sit/auto.php
).

My crontab contains the following line (to run auto.php every 1 minute).

*/1 * * * * root /usr/bin/php -f /var/www/<my-dir>/sit/auto.php > /dev/null 2>&1

To go ahead and test my inbound email I've tried to run inboundemail.php and I've got the following errors (imap.example.com has to be replaced by my imap server):

2014-09-15T07:14:59+01:00 /inboundemail.php Warning [2] imap_open(): Couldn't open stream {imap.example.com:993/imap/ssl /novalidate-cert/user=supportplatinum}INBOX (in line 66 of file /var/www//<my-dir>/sit-3.67/lib/fetchSitMail.class.php)
2014-09-15T07:14:59+01:00 /inboundemail.php Can't open mailbox {imap.example.com:993/imap/ssl /novalidate-cert/user=/<my-user>}INBOX: invalid remote specification

It seems to be a problem with the imap_open() function and its capabitlity to establish the communication. My firewall allows the port 993 to my remote server as I can telnet the remote imap server from my SiT! machine. I used a sniffer (tcpdump) on my imap server and noticed that no new connection is coming when imap_open() is called while
Code: Select all
telnet imap.example.com 993
works.

FYI I use php5-imap-5.4.4-14+deb7u1 (with php5-common-5.4.4-14+deb7u1).

So today I'm facing two problems (which could have the same root cause).

- The siT! Scheduler never run actions.
- Inbound email doesn't work

Any idea?
cacheguard

problems getting email to work - 2

Postby cacheguard » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:00 pm

Sorry, I've checked the button "solved" in error and now I can't update my post...

Herewith the solution I found for incoming emails:

- I removed the space between /ssl and /novalidate-cert. Contrary to what I can see in some posts, the space in not only required but it should be remove with my imap_open() function.

- But my second problem remains unresolved (Action always on a "Never" Last Ran state).

Regards,
cacheguard

Postby Tomse » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:28 pm

Reopened, and merged the topics..

can you add a bug report to mantis please, reguarding that space is required, afair it hasn't been a requirement until now, but could be a change in the php module itself.

can you disable all scheduled tasks, then enable one, check if it runs, if it works, enable one more, check if it runs..... etc..
all until the scheduler starts failing.
This will pinpoint which task causes the problem, and we can work from there.
also enable debugging and post related debugging info.
If you have a problem, give us enough info of what you have done, what is configured in relation to your question.
Enable debugging and post it's censored but relevant info. Don't forget to write which version of SiT you're running.
Tomse
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby cacheguard » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:18 pm

Thank you Tomse.

I've reported the bug in Mantis.

I have already followed the procedure you are describing (disabling all and enabling one by one) as I've see that method in another post. But I have no result.

Maybe I've done something strange during the DB creation/installation. I'm going to reinstall from scratch and see if things go better.

Regards,
cacheguard

Postby cacheguard » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:00 pm

OK I've reinstall everything from scratch but I have the same issue: jobs never run.. I'm stuck... Even if I'm not really a PHP programmer but I can follow a source code in any language and try to debug. But I have to know from where to begin. Could you give me some clue please ?

I really want to use SiT! for my support service as I'm not happy with RT (Request Tracker) which is based on PERL and pollute my server with lots of packages that I don't know how to remove and deal with (maybe with lots of security hole...) whenever I install an addon or want to update something...

Best Regards,
Charles
Attachments
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (41.55 KiB) Viewed 4471 times
cacheguard

Postby Tomse » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:04 pm

it looks to me that the auto.php isn't being run.

can you make a
php -f auto.php

manually please, and see if that changes anything in the last run column?
some of the rows should also be yellow
Tomse
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby cacheguard » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:02 pm

Hi

I've run that several times (manually of course) but nothing changed :cry:
Also I have nothing in the log file (the logging is activated because about.php produce an output in my log file).
The auto.php program finish very quickly without doing anything. An idea ?

Best Regards,
cacheguard

Postby Tomse » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:29 pm

are any of the jobs in the scheduler activated? or are they all disabled?
Tomse
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Next

Return to Installing, Configuring and Using SiT!