Scheduler Issue

Discuss and get help installing, using and configuring SiT!

Scheduler Issue

Postby vernon » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:16 pm

I have been running SiT! for several years now with little to no issues. Last summer the linux server where the software is installed failed. I was able to put the hard disk where the software was running into a slightly newer server and get it running again, for the most part. The only issue I am having is incidents in "Awaiting Closure" status are not closing automatically. I have been going in once a week, selecting the old incidents and selecting "Close Immediately" to remove them.

I have the following line in the crontab for the "root" user:

0 * * * * /usr/bin/php -f /srv/www/htdocs/sit/auto.php

I have proven that this line is indeed running. I have even issued the command from the shell prompt, but still the "Awaiting Closure" jobs do not close. While investigating this issue today I went into "SiT!/Control Panel/Scheduler" and saw that all of the tasks had a "Last Ran" value of last September.

SIT_Scheduler.tiff
SIT_Scheduler.tiff (230.68 KiB) Viewed 1260 times

I tried disabling the "CloseIncidents" task and then re-enabling it. It still does not run. The "Last Ran" column for it shows a value of "Never" and the "Next Run" column changes the time every minute but still nothing else happens. What am I doing wrong here?
vernon
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Re: Scheduler Issue

Postby Tomse » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:06 pm

you should run the job as the web servers user, this will ensure that files in the attachment dir have the right permissions.

if you run the job by hand, the scheduled jobs should update with a new timestamp.. last ran should be "now"

turn on Debug_Logging and read the logfile

with your setting the cronjob only runs every hour
use
Code: Select all
*/1 * * * * /u....<snip></snip>

to have it running every minute, or */5 for every 5 minutes.
If you have a problem, give us enough info of what you have done, what is configured in relation to your question.
Enable debugging and post it's censored but relevant info. Don't forget to write which version of SiT you're running.
Tomse
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby vernon » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:34 pm

Thanks for the reply Tomse.

When I try to follow the "debugging" link it goes to a blank page. Would you tell me how to turn "debugging" on?
vernon
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Postby Tomse » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:25 pm

ups, my bad sorry.

the correct link is Debug_Logging.

what happend when you ran auto manually ? did you check the scheduler?
If you have a problem, give us enough info of what you have done, what is configured in relation to your question.
Enable debugging and post it's censored but relevant info. Don't forget to write which version of SiT you're running.
Tomse
SiT! Developer
SiT! Developer

Postby vernon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:32 pm

Nothing changed when I ran the "auto" manually. The only thing that changes on the Scheduler output screen is the "Next Run" time for the "CloseIncidents" task keeps bumping up every minute. I will try running in debug to see if I can get more information.
vernon
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Postby vernon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:12 pm

I turned "Debug Mode" on, but nothing useful has been written to the log. There was one error message in the file that indicates I took too long updating the "configuration page", but other than that, nothing. I have attached a copy of the log.
Attachments
sit.log
(150 Bytes) Downloaded 64 times
vernon
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Postby vernon » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:17 pm

With the "Debug Mode" on, I am seeing this information at the bottom of the screen when I look at the "Scheduler" page:

SIT_Debug_Time.tiff
SIT_Debug_Time.tiff (70.61 KiB) Viewed 1211 times

Is the time being off by an hour perhaps part of the issue I am experiencing?
vernon
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Postby vernon » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:38 pm

Any additional thoughts on what could be the problem? I am still experiencing the issue.
vernon
SiT! Fan
SiT! Fan

Return to Installing, Configuring and Using SiT!