Auto assign is a feature that assigns new incidents to Engineers automatically based on a number of rules.
Administrators can enable or disable Auto assign by going to SiT! | Control Panel | Configure and then to Features | Incidents and setting Auto-assign incidents to TRUE to enable or FALSE to disable.
The lottery operates by granting 'tickets' to each user, the more tickets a user has the more likely he/she is to receive the incident, tickets are allocated as follows:
- 1 ticket for having the appropriate skill to deal with the incident
- 1 ticket for being online at the time of the reassign
- 2 tickets for having a status of 'In Office' or 'Working at home'
- or 1 ticket for having a status of 'At Lunch' or 'In a meeting'
- 1 ticket for your queue being updated in the past 4 hours
- 2 tickets for dealing with the same contact in your queue
- 1 ticket for having five or less incidents in your queue
- Receive up to 3 tickets, one less for each critical priority incident in your queue
- Receive up to 3 tickets, one less for each high priority incident in your queue
- 1 ticket for having an empty queue
In addition to the ticket system, a critical priority incident can only be auto assigned to a user that is online at the time.
The ticket is then chosen at random from all the users with tickets, the user owning the 'winning' ticket gets the incident.