Feedback verify plugin
|Plugins:||Verify feedback plugin|
|Feedback verify plugin|
|Maintainer||Nicolaas du Toit|
|This plugin is stable and ready for use on your production system.|
First version is v1.0.
- Work is in progress on a newer version that adds more features. This version is not posted as it is in testing phase.
About the plugin
This is a very simple plugin that will verify whether the contact is allowed to receive feedback requests. The criteria is simply a limit by domain. If the user's email address is the same as the specified domain in the setting feedback_verify_domain then he will receive a feedback request when the incident is closed.
The plugin was conceived because our SiT server is not reachable from outside of our network (internal only), and as we support internal and external customers we did not want to send a feedback form to someone outside our domain.
This is a very simple example of how to make a plugin. If you want to create other limits as far as who is allowed to get feedback forms, then you can add to this plugin. The only requirement is that when a contact is allowed to get feedback forms, the plugin must "return = TRUE" and if no it should "return = FALSE".
- Download and extract the plugin
- Save the file feedback_verify.php to your /plugins folder.
- The structure should be:
- Install the plugin in SiT, go to : SiT | Control Panel | Configuration
- Locate Load Plugins in the bottom of the screen, and add feedback_verify to the comma separated list.
- Check the README for changes required to incident_close.php.
NOTE: We assume you have version 3.60LTS installed as a minimum!
- feedback_verify_domain - Default = none
- The domain that feedback is limited to. Only contacts with the same domain in their email address will receive feedback.