| This is a draft article (or section) and is a work-in-progress.|
SiT! can manage user holidays (aka Vacations) by recording when users are due to be away. An annual holiday entitlement is given to each user and as users book holidays the number of days remaining from this entitlement is reduced.
|Info: The holidays feature can be enabled or disabled completely as required|
Booking a holiday
Go to Sit! | My Details | My Holidays and then select Book Holiday select the type of your holiday from the list and enter a start and end date, after submitting the form you will be able to select for each day whether you'd like the full day, just the morning or just the afternoon away.
| This article (or section) needs work.|
The Holiday Planner is a Calendar that can show different views.
Access the Holiday Planner by going to SiT | Users | Holiday Planner
- List - Shows your planned events as chosen from the selection box (Holiday, Absent Sick, Working away, Training, Maternity Leave)
- Year - The Holiday Planner shows as default a yearly view for the current year, for all managers and users, and all requested holidays, absent/sick days etc.
- Month - The Holiday Planner shows as default a monthly view for the current month, for all managers and users, and all requested holidays, absent/sick days etc.
- Week - The Holiday Planner shows as default a weekly view for the current week, for all managers and users, and all requested holidays, absent/sick days etc.
- Day - The Holiday Planner shows as default a daily view for the current day, for all managers and users, and all requested holidays, absent/sick days etc.
- Common for all the the 3 above, it shows which are declined, not yet approved, approved and approved free.
- Common for all the the 3 above, you can quickly request a holiday by clicking in a day field and click Book holiday
- Common for all the the above is you can select another timeframe
- Timesheet - Is a page shown in a weekly view, where you can add some features to your day.
| The information in this article (or section) is out of date needs updating.|
Please help us and our readers by clicking the edit link above and updating/improving this text.
In the Timesheet view, you have the ability to switch between users.
Example: If you are behind schedule on some research, you go to this page, click Add in the right menu, choose from the selection box Research, now Research has been added in the upper left corner, here you can use the pulldown menu and choose Behind schedule, add a note to it in the note field. With the mouse, click in the field Activity that says Research and drag it into the chosen day.
Now you can see a block has been added to the chosen day. This you can adjust the start time by pulling it with the mouse, in the small yellow topbar of the block. Adjust the length of the event by pulling up or down in the lover black bar of the block.
When the block is white you can adjust the settings, but as soon as it is Submitted, it becomes yellow and is waiting approval, and you cannot modify it afterwards.
Click submit in the right menu. Now you let your manager know that you are behind schedule on some research.
|Info: Timesheets do not work properly in Internet Explorer and are deprecated, timesheets are removed in v4.0 and will be available as a plugin instead|