How to install on IIS7
| This is a draft article (or section) and is a work-in-progress.|
The SiT developers prefer to recommend Linux or *BSD as a platform, it's easier to set up SiT with these platforms and we think it performs better. However, SiT is known to work with Windows and many people are running it successfully.
Windows Server 2008
- In Server Manager click Roles and in the right hand pane under Roles Summary click Add Roles
- In the Add Roles Wizard on the Before You Begin page click the Next > button
- On the Select Server Roles page in the Roles: pane tick Web Server (IIS) and when asked to Add Features for Web Server (IIS)? click Add Required Features button, then Next > button twice, then click Install.
- Once IIS has been installed, click the Close button and then close Server Manager.
- Open a web browser and visit http://php.iis.net/ in a web browser and Click on the "Click to Install PHP on IIS" button, once the page loads then click the "Get the Microsoft Web Platform" button, then Run the wpilauncher_n.exe. You will get a security warning, click the Run button. Another warning will appear click Allow. The Web Platform Installer 2.0 RC will run.
- On the Web Platform Installer 2.0 RC screen, click Install, then click the I Accept button, once installed click the Close button, then the Exit button.
- Once PHP has been installed into IIS7 you will need to install MySQL Community Server which is available from at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.1.html and select the Windows package for 32 bit or Windows x64 for 64bit servers. Then select the Windows Essentials package and pick a mirror, then click the No thanks, just take me to the downloads! Select the mirror that is nearest to you and click it, then click the Run button and then once downloaded click the Run button again.
- The MySQL Server 5.1 - Setup Wizard will start. Click the Next > button, leave the settings on Typical and Click the Next > button, then click the Install button.
- The MySQL screen will display, click the Next >, click the Next > again, then untick the "Register the MySQL server now" and click Finish.
- The MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard will launch. Click Next > then select the Standard Configuration radial and then click Next >, then click Next > again. Set the root password and confirm then click Next >, then Execute, then Finish.
- Download and install 7-zip from http://www.7-zip.org/ in order to extract the SiT! files from its archive
- Download SiT! and extract the contents of the sit-3.xx folder inside the archive to your IIS folder
- Click Start > All Programs > PHP5 > php.ini and find the line that says
error_reporting = E_ALLand place a semi-colon in the first column, so make it
;error_reporting = ALLthen remove the semi colon from the line
;error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICEto make it
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICEthe save the changes.
- Click Start > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager then in the Connections pane click the server name icon, then in the Actions pane click Restart
- Follow the rest of the SiT! Installation instructions