Plugin Incident summary
|Plugins:||Incident summary plugin|
|Maintainer||Nicolaas du Toit|
|This plugin is experimental, it may do bad things to your system or refuse to work.|
Incident summary plugin
*NOTE* - This plugin has been tested on a Win environment with Firefox/Chrome and IE6/7. Feel welcome to try it and give us your feedback
In the incident details page
This plugin adds a floating "[+]Summary" link to the incident details page.
When the link is "clicked", it expands to a text block, where Summary notes can be added, and saved (by an "Update" button).
In the incident close page
This summary is saved in a new table in the database, and when the incident is closed, this summary is added to the closing form under the title "Summary".
Released version 1.05
- Compatible with Chrome, FF and IE 6/7
- Add a "Hotkey" function to make the window appear when the key combination is pressed.
About the plugin
The idea for the plugin came about when some users were asking for a way to summarise / or annotate long incidents (large amounts of updates), and also to leave a summary before going on holiday / Leave. This way someone else could read the summary and get up to date quickly without losing time reading long, numerous updates.
- Download the plugin with the link on this page (top right)
- Save the file to your /plugins folder.
- The structure should be:
- Install the plugin in SiT, go to : SiT | Control Panel | Configuration
- Locate Load Plugins in the bottom of the screen, and add incident_summary to the comma separated list.
- In the file "incident_details.php" add the following line at line 367:
plugin_do('incident_details_summary', array('incidentid' => $incidentid));
- In the file "incident_close.php" , ad the following line of code just before line 207
plugin_do('incident_close_summary', array('incidentid' => $id));
In your SiT installation go to : SiT | Control Panel | Configuration | Plugins | incident_summary