v3.31 Release Notes
The Support Incident Tracker developers are pleased to announce the immediate availability of v3.31. This release, which comes only two months after our previous v3.30 release contains many improvements and fixes. Thanks to the hard work of our Translators we are now very proud to announce that SiT now has support for multiple languages, including English (GB), English (US), Chinese (Simplified), Lithuanian, French, German and Welsh. We are looking for Translators to join us and help improve this language support even further for v3.32 sometime in early 2008.
Some of the highlights of v3.31 are listed below
- Enabled i18n to allow translation
- Added translate page for users to translate strings
- Changed the login page to allow for session-based language choice
Improved built-in customer portal, customers can now read, open, update and request to close their incidents, view their contracts and view and update their details.
Improved Contract Flexibility
Now when adding a contract, you can specify a number of new things.
- You can limit a contract to a certain amount of supported contacts (or unlimited as it is now)
- Contracts can now have no expiry date - Unlimited.
- New notice system, allows global notices as well as for informing usersof errors or information such as upgrades
- Making use of the new notice system, you will now see notices when incidents are approaching the end of their SLA.
Jump To Incident
- Added a 'jump to incident' link in the support menu (you may need to disable your popup blocker to use this)
User Online Status
The users page now contains an icon dispaying a user's online status
- Incidents logged under SLAs that are set to 'Timed' (in service_levels.php) have an 'Activities' entry.
- List of all the activities related to an incident.
- When an activity is marked as complete, an entry is entered into the update log.
- Internationalisation is not 100% complete, and some translations are known to be incomplete. This is something you can help us with, See Translation for more.
- The built-in release notes incorrectly mention that you can select "All of this sites' contacts are support" for contracts. This is not available in 3.31 but will be for a future release.
- Bug SF# Editing tags starts SLAs
- If you have configured the include_path using the new set_include_path.inc.php file, some reports will not work. The work-around is to set the include path using php.ini
- If you can an error similar to this: Fatal error: Call to undefined function show_errors() in /var/www/sit/htdocs/add_product.php on line 38 - you will need to replace show_errors() with show_form_errors() at the place indicated in the error.
- Bug SF# Dismiss All link breaks URLs
- Bug SF# "Product Only" not saved
- Bug SF# try / catch won't work for PHP 4.3.0
Getting Support Incident Tracker v3.31
v3.31 was released December 2008 Download it here