Recommended and required settings for the php.ini file is listed below, most require only to have the comment (#) sign removed, but check the settings with your own installation.
- change the drive and folders to match your installation. If you followed our guides set the settings shown below.
- include_path = ".;c:\php\includes"
- Upload maximum filesize takes alot of memory on the server. We don't set too high, but still high enough should someone upload a Screenshot og a large log file. If the 50MB isn't enough for your needs, just edit here and restart the IIS/Apache.
- upload_max_filesize = 50M
- Outgoing mail server - Set this to a SMTP server, perhaps your ISP's SMTP server or your own. The windows server has a SMTP server that can be used, but is not covered in this installation guide
- SMTP = smtp.your_isp_domain.com
- To remove the "notice" messages that is shown when auto.php is run, find the line in php.ini that says
error_reporting = E_ALL
- and place a semi-colon in the first column, so it'll look like this
;error_reporting = ALL
- then remove the semi colon from the line
;error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
- to make it
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
- The location of the extension modules
- extension_dir = "./ext/"
- Windows Extensions
The Extensions: Session, zlib and PCRE which also are required, are integrated in the windows version of PHP