Configuring the auto.php with Windows Scheduler
Start up Scheduler from the Control Panel.
Double click on the Add Scheduled Task
Just click next on the Scheduler wizard introduction page.
Choose a program to add to the scheduled task. Since PHP isn't in the list, click on Browse...
Navigate into C:\PHP, click on php.exe and click on Open
Type in an appropriate name for the scheduled task, click on Daily, actually any will do since we are going to change this later. Click Next
We are going to change these aswell later, just click Next
Type in the username and password, for which this task is going to run.
Check the Open avanced properties... checkbox, and click Finish
- For the Apache installation add the following text in the fields (remember the double quotes):
- Run: C:\php\php.exe "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\htdocs\auto.php".
- Start in: "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\htdocs\".
- For the IIS installation add the following text in the fields:
- Run: C:\php\php.exe C:\InetPub\wwwroot\auto.php.
- Start in: C:\InetPub\wwwroot\.
- Click the Apply button.
- Click Schedule and then
- Click the Advanced button
- Check the Repeat task checkbox
- Set it to repeat to a repeatable time of your choice, the auto.php triggers a download of mails, activates triggers and is SiT's own scheduler. Recommended is every minute. If you are in doubt, set to 1 minute.
- Click OK a few times to finish editing the scheduled task.
In the main screen, validate that the schedule is set acordingly to your choice.